[Sugar-devel] [Bastien] helpfr.xo does not launch on F11 on XO-1

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:02:37 EDT 2009

Hi Gary,

thanks for the warnings.

Are the Help/Helpfr activities the only two instances of such
compatibility issue with 0.82 and 0.84 hulahop versions?

If not, what are the other decisions that have been made?

I think the current Help doesn't need to be upgraded, as it contains
instructions for XO and Sugar 0.82.  Maybe after the next flossmanuals
sprint, Help will need a full rewrite - upgrading both the content and
the hulahop engine, and this new version could be released as a separate
Help2.

For Helpfr: the sooner we can have something working for Sugar 0.84 the
better.  No real backward compatibility issue, as Helpfr is meant to be
useful for future deployments (the manual included in the current Helpfr
has been given to our volunteers in Madagascar as a separate .pdf.)

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

--
 Bastien