[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 9, Issue 136

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:06:43 EDT 2009

Albert,

It is possible to work with the Journal entries in the way you want
to.  I've only done this in Python, in the View Slides Activity, but
it could be done other ways too I'm sure.

In View Slides I open a table that lists out all of the image files in
the Journal (which includes the Journal proper as well as anything on
USB and SD cards).  I only list files by name but I certainly could
have created thumbnails for each one if I wanted to.  The GTK tree
view component supports this.  I could also have created a slide show
using Journal entries.  One of the python examples in Pippy does just
that.  You can create an entry in the Journal and open another entry
without closing the Activity and resuming too.  For instance, in one
Read Etexts session you can download ten books and each one gets its
own Journal entry with a meaningful name.

You should be able to do anything with a Journal entry that you can do
with a file.

James Simmons