[Sugar-devel] GPA Goals Status

Greg Smith gregsmithpm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:51:18 EDT 2009

Hi Walter, Caroline and Dave,

Looking at the list of main goals for GPA
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Goals), I see two top
priority items:

- Collaboration
- Backup and restore

I think the first is done. That is we have a plan to use local
collaboration (I believe that means Salut). Can you confirm that
solution is acceptable?

How are we doing with backup and restore? Let me know if there's
anything I can help with, e.g. I can help document how we will do
backup and restore.

The rest are priority B for GPA.This one seems important to me:
Straightforward Teacher "Assignment" -> Student -> Teacher workflow.
However, if we have a plan and no new SW is needed, that's good. We
can focus on the activities and next level of detail.

That said, if its critical to success in the fall we should get
working on it ASAP. I may also add a feature to share a file from one
computer to another. I want to see a lesson plan needing that first.
Then I'll try out the suggestions recently posted to the list before I
ask for a new feature.

I appreciate any pointers on priorities and major feature work still
pending. Lots of bug scrub work to do in the mean time.

Thanks,

Greg S