[Sugar-devel] sugar-bundle-updater code review

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jul 20 17:40:51 EDT 2009

The sugar bundle updater is ready for another round of code review.
For this round I am mostly interested in making sure that the code is
following current Glucose standard.
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-update-control/repos/aslo-clone

Notes for this release:
Separated out server specific routines in to 'back-ends' to allow
greater modularity and flexibility. (microformat is still broken as of
this release)
Adopted code to current glucose coding standards.
Replaced bundle relate dependencies on bitfrost with bundle_registry.
Shifted from 'Activity' updater to 'bundle' updater to build on the
maturing library bundles.

In process:
Build in automatic server fallback logic -> I want to clean up the
current program clarity before adding a layer of complexity
Add group updates back -> I want to under stand more about aslo
collections in order to make make the group and collection code paths
compatible.

David Farning
Sugar Labs
www.sugarlabs.org