[Sugar-devel] Gnash gtk+ widget support

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Jul 19 16:53:13 EDT 2009

Hi Tomeu,

Given that gnash, with the correct gtk+ python support, is not going
to be here officially until F12 (November), does that make your gnash
gtk+ work as something more reasonable to push*** for in the Sugar
0.88 time-scale?

Hmmm, I guess that's actually more a distro question, if say a future
SoaS or OLPC release decided to install custom gnash rpms, out side of
the official Fedora release, then we could have support for your
widget in a build with Sugar 0.86 (or even existing 0.84 using your
set of rpms if it was considered essential for some specific content
set).

*** by push I mean creating/porting some Flash Activities (other than
demonstrators - BTW if the eatboom swf really can't be fixed, I'd be
happy to re-code the game from scratch, would only take me a day or so
at most, that would be a fallback position if you just wanted a known
working Flash sample for other developers).

Regards,
--Gary