[Sugar-devel] Language control panel broken: Chinese + Russian displayed

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jul 18 05:58:38 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 01:54, Edward Cherlin<echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are serious bugs in language switching in My Settings (the Sugar
> Control Panel).

Would be better to track each of these issues in individual tickets at
dev.sugarlabs.org.

> One is that switching to a language can result in bits of some other
> language appearing, and switching back does not necessarily restore
> the original language entirely. I have attached a portion of a screen
> shot showing mixed Russian and Chinese, even though English is set.

Maybe these languages have poor 0.84 coverage and you have set them
one on top of another so when a string is not found in a language, it
tries to find it in the other one?

> Also, if you add another language menu with the button provided, and
> select two different languages on them, it is not obvious how to
> switch. It turns out that clicking on the menu showing the desired
> language, and reselecting the displayed selection, is not interpreted
> as a request to change languages. It appears to be necessary to select
> something else, and then go back and select the language desired.
>
> Third, the + button sometimes disappears.

Not sure about these two, perhaps Sayamindu can comment.

Regards,

Tomeu