[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Share sugar objects on a standalone server

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Jul 17 21:25:32 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline,

On 17 Jul 2009, at 23:35, Caroline Meeks wrote:

> Ack! I posted this to the wrong thread!  Sorry :(
>
> Here are some ideas for use cases that we might want to think through.
>
> Off the top of my head
>
> 	• Teacher shares a file with a class
> 	• Teacher shares a file or lesson plan or student work sample with
> other teachers
> 	• Student shares with classmate for peer review
> 	• Student shares with teacher for assessment (need an easy way for
> teachers to see all students work)
> 	• Student shares with outside world
> 	• Student shares with school community
> 	• Teacher or student gets an activity for Sugar
> 	• Teacher or Student learns what is possible with Sugar from
> examples
> 	• Students or classes of students collaobrate to co-create projects
> All different, but it would be good if the end users felt there was
> some consistent logic to how they did these tasks which may well be
> related in their minds.

Could you list how a teacher/student currently accomplishes each of
these cases? I have my own guesses for most (I think most would
usually involve a school Windows file server and share disk space, or
just not be allowed from the school point of view), but wanted to see
if you have a list of current approaches for these.

Regards,
--Gary