[Sugar-devel] updating from aslo

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jul 17 07:29:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Michael Stone<michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> David,
>
> Could you please point me to an explanation of why it's hard to get ASLO to
> generate the microformat that is already understood by the tens of thousands of
> sugar-0.82 machines in Uruguay, the US, and elsewhere so that I can form a more
> solid opinion of your work?

I don't know if it is hard to get ASLO to generate microformat.

The reasons for going with the xml are:
-client side
It only take one line of python to construct the query URL.
It only takes 4 lines of python to parse the resulting xml

-server side
The xml based update date mechanism is already part of upstream AMO

Going forward, this option represents a increase in usability with a
very low cost of maintenance.

david
> Thanks,
>
> Michael