[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Share sugar objects on a standalone server

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jul 17 04:48:10 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 04:43, Aleksey Lim<alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 03:11:15AM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:

>> >"publishes the content globally" is the original purpose for this
>> >feature
>> >in contrast with
>> >http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Peer_to_Peer_Objects_Sharing
>> >
>> >Or you mean possibility to share objects on local servers?
>>
>> Would be really good if we could just get the uploading of Journal
>> entries via Browse working reliably, right now it's only certain
>> simple object types (png, pdf, etc) that work reasonably.
>
> What do you mean exactly?
> Object chooser can pick any type of objects including "anything" option.

The root of the problem is that we are uploading files, not entries.
Some activities store files in their entries in formats commonly used
and known. But others will store a json file and after upload nobody
knows what to do with it.

The good news is that we have already a format for packaging full
journal entries in zip files and after downloading such an entry
bundle it will be expanded and restored in the journal will all the
metadata, etc.

What we would need is for a simple way to upload these bundled entries
instead of just the file.

Any ideas about how would look the UI like?

Regards,

Tomeu