[Sugar-devel] sugar on Debian : sugar-web-activity conflict

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Tue Jul 14 09:59:50 EDT 2009

Selon Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>:

> >> I am not familiar with gnewsense, but this might be a too new Browse
> >> that requires 0.84 Sugar.
> >>
> >> If using 0.82 then please try using Debian Lenny.
> >
> >Did it (debian/lenny/mipsel):
> >- python-hulahop 0.4.8~dfsg-3 is required
> >- python-xpcom 1.9.0.11-0lenny is required
> >
> >One dependency-resolution alternative proposed by aptitude is to
> >uninstall gnome ;-)
>
> Are you telling me that a plain vanilla Debian Lenny does not allow you
> to install GNOME and Sugar concurrently?
>

> Or just that some mixture of Debian and non-Debian happen to conflict
> with each other in complex ways that might be solveable but aptitude
> assume that you prefer explicitly installed non-Debian packages over
> GNOME?

Not sure of those dependencies are handled.
In my experience, at least on the debian/lenny PC: I can have (and will keep)
Gnome + Sugar but without sugar-web-activity.

> >On another pc (debian/squeeze/i386), the installation of
> >sugar-web-activity (108-2) succeeded after installing python-hulahop
> >0.4.9-1, that was required.
>
> It succeeds when fulfilling the dependencies of the package?  Then all
> is good.
>
> Or are you telling me that there was a problem with that dependency?

On this machine, the dependency has been resolved.

After that, I cant launch sugar with "sugar-emulator": it dont go further than
the ugly grey launch screen.

Then the terminal prints the following lines:

samy at 1501d:~$ sugar-emulator
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic, removing from
list!
unrecognised device identifier!
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1;
fixing.
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic, removing from
list!
unrecognised device identifier!
Erreur de segmentation
samy at 1501d:~$ XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X
server ":0.0"
      after 289 requests (289 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":100.0"
      after 571 requests (570 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Not sure if this is related to the last action (to install sugar-web-activity)

Best regards

Samy