[Sugar-devel] sugar on Debian : sugar-web-activity conflict

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Jul 14 09:03:51 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 02:44:28PM +0200, s.boutayeb at free.fr wrote:
>Selon Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>:
>> >3/ Tried to install sugar-web-activity
>> >The package conflicts with:
>> >- python-hulahop (unsatisfied dependency)
>> >- python-xpcom (unsatisfied dependency)
>>
>> I am not familiar with gnewsense, but this might be a too new Browse
>> that requires 0.84 Sugar.
>>
>> If using 0.82 then please try using Debian Lenny.
>
>Did it (debian/lenny/mipsel):
>- python-hulahop 0.4.8~dfsg-3 is required
>- python-xpcom 1.9.0.11-0lenny is required
>
>One dependency-resolution alternative proposed by aptitude is to
>uninstall gnome ;-)

Are you telling me that a plain vanilla Debian Lenny does not allow you
to install GNOME and Sugar concurrently?

Or just that some mixture of Debian and non-Debian happen to conflict
with each other in complex ways that might be solveable but aptitude
assume that you prefer explicitly installed non-Debian packages over
GNOME?

>On another pc (debian/squeeze/i386), the installation of
>sugar-web-activity (108-2) succeeded after installing python-hulahop
>0.4.9-1, that was required.

It succeeds when fulfilling the dependencies of the package?  Then all
is good.

Or are you telling me that there was a problem with that dependency?

Kind regards, and thanks for your help,

  - Jonas

- --