[Sugar-devel] Initial implementation of toolbars design

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Jul 13 22:40:11 EDT 2009

On 13 Jul 2009, at 21:01, Gary C Martin wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2009, at 19:48, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 06:16, Aleksey Lim<alsroot at member.fsf.org>
>> wrote:

>>> forgot to say,
>>> this Write's clone needs
>>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-toolkit/repos/toolbars
>>
>> Here is a screencast showing Write with the new toolbars:
>>
>> http://shell.sugarlabs.org/~tomeu/toolbars_aleksey.ogv
>>
>> Excellent job!
>>
>> Will look at the code next, maybe tomorrow.
>
> Hey wow that's looking like the toolbars are functioning great!
>
> Thought I'd layout their content rather differently ;-)
>
> I'll have a toolbar design mock-up for Write uploaded later tonight.

Here are my image mock-ups for Write. All tabs are swapped out as is,
for toolbar buttons. With no need to move existing tab content
features about:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals/Toolbars#Top_level_Activity_toolbar_for_Write

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. Eben, would be great to have your feedback on the mock-ups and
Aleksey's work so far. The obvious design difference seem to be that
I'm keeping the activity title input widget and sharing widget visible
at all times; where as Aleksey's work puts these into a secondary
toolbar and tries to use the extra space to expose more regular
features at the top (Aleksey, FWIW would be much better if you could
use the Activity icon instead of the XO icon for your Activity toolbar
button icon – that way the top toolbar is visually identifiable with
the Activity at a single glance).