[Sugar-devel] [API proposal] Source editor and widget

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:09:25 EDT 2009

I'm proposing the addition of sugar.graphics.sourceedit.SourceView. It
would be similar to what can be found in jarabe.view.viewsource. Exact
names of classes and/or module are up for debate.

I'm also thinking of adding a FileView class in there, but I'm not
sure about it.

I've already seen almost the exact same code in Pippy and
viewsource.py; now I'm writing almost the same code in my branch of
Browse and it could be a base for the proposed Clipboard text editor
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Edit-panel-on-Frame). Thus, I
believe it's a common enough need.