[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Marketing] netbook as terminology

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:05:39 EDT 2009

Dave Bauer <dave.bauer at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>     Yes.  In the meantime, I would *love* to see the XS server running, and
>     a tutorial on how to use Sugar with non-XO computers connected thru a XS
>     server...  IMHO it's a promise that OLPC/Sugar cannot afford to bypass.
>
> This is already working. For example, if you use Sugar on a Stick you are using
> an XS that can work with XO and non-XO computers today. This is 0.5.2 XS
> installed from the ISO and regularly updated via yum. If you take any
> installation of Sugar and set the collaboration server to jabber.sugarlabs.org
> it should work. No special configuration is needed to support Sugar on non-XO
> computers that I am aware of.

Thanks.  But that's when the Sugar machines are connected to the
internet, right?

What I was looking for is a "How to set up a school server?" when you
don't have internet - i.e. when you need to use the server as an access
point.  This might be of interest in some of the french school we plan
to deploy Soas.

--
 Bastien