[Sugar-devel] Bug tracker enhancements

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Thu Jul 9 07:11:09 EDT 2009

here is the main features page for redmine
http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/Features

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 10:42 +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 07/09/2009 08:06 AM, Bryan Berry wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 07:45 +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> >> Hi,

If u make each component a subproject, u can set individual milestones,
and milestones for the larger project

> >> - I want to make certain fields only being available with certain
> >> permissions (a milestone and priority can only be set by the mainteiner,
> >> the severity by the bugsquad (see new fedora policy)

users can have different roles in different projects/components

there is reporter, developer, administrator each w/ different rights

but u can also create custom roles, like in this image

http://www.redmine.org/screenshots/role_permissions.png

> >> - having a clear separation from the Soas component - if we have the
> >> things from above this is maybe not as critical, otherwise I would
> >> suggest to get a new instance for Soas

Most definitely in this case.

Another nice feature is that u can embed a google calendar into redmine,
w/ important dates, not necessarily code related, such as linux tag,
SoAS demos, community events.

There is also a neat Vote plugin which lets users
http://www.redmine.org/boards/3/topics/5506
vote to indicate that particular issues are important to them.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director