[Sugar-devel] css selector

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:08:00 EDT 2009

jQuery uses Sizzle, which uses native selectors whenever it can. You
can see in that graph the green bar (jQuery 1.2.7 experimental) is
only a sliver slower than native selectors, when available.

Even without native selectors, Sizzle is very fast and I doubt it'll
be a bottleneck for you. If I were you, I'd stick to jQuery or use
Sizzle directly if jQuery is inappropriate for some other reason.