[Sugar-devel] Soas on XO-1 vs activation

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:08:26 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Joshua N Pritikin<jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> I am considering options 2 & 3. Both these options ultimately involve
> copy-nand. Am I going to lose activation & my development key when I do
> this? In other words, do I need to prepare the XS activation server (or
> equivalent) prior to attempting the upgrade and keep a backup of my
> development key?

 - Yes, copy-nand will wipe /security directory, with any leases or
devkeys there.

 - Always a good idea to keep a backup of your dev key. And the lease
too (as it's useful for debugging some activtion cases).

 - With your devkey installed, use the 'disable-security' procedure.
Once it's done, OFW remembers it and your XO is free as a bird,
permanently. If you want to reenable it later (for testing antitheft
features) you can.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions