[Sugar-devel] Background Screen Color for SoaS Activity

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Tue Jul 7 12:58:26 EDT 2009

Tomeu and Gary,

Thanks for your advice and interest.

I've attached my complete activity (OurMusic) in the form of an .xo archive.

Note that it requires csndsugui.py (included), Victor Lazzarini's "Csound
GUI toolkit." It's barely possible that the color issue lies therein (but
unlikely).

The background color issue is the only issue when the activity is run on
OLPC; on SoaS, there is another as well: an "unavailable" csnd or _csnd
module (from python 2.6). For the latter issue, Aleksey suggested a
Scons-related fix (that I've yet to be able to implement, unfortunately, as
my technical expertise is *highly* limited).

If you manage to get an initial display on a white background, I'd be most
grateful.

If you do have/get a display, probably options 2 and 4 will work for you;
they use only the ASCII keyboard, no MIDI controllers (unlike 1 and 3). I'd
be delighted if these worked on SoaS.

Gary, I'll be trying your code as well. I presume it should go near the
beginning in my main loop? (Sorry, my grasp of both python and GTK -- OOP
for that matter -- is so minimal.)

Art Hunkins