[Sugar-devel] Instantaneous apply

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:20:47 EDT 2009

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any policy in Sugar wrt triggering of
settings. For example, some systems like GNOME has a policy of
"instant apply", where any setting which is modified takes effect
immediately[1]. After going through some of the sections in the Sugar
control panel, it seems we are pushing for the opposite (it may be for
technical reasons as well, since most settings changeable via the
sugar control panel requires a restart of Sugar). I do not have a
strong preference about this, but nevertheless, I was wondering if we
have decided to stick to a particular policy, and if that was
documented anywhere.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/windows.html#instant-apply