[Sugar-devel] SoAS Testing with XS

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:59:14 EDT 2009

> Caroline,

The long term goal is that students at GPA can collaborate with each other
from school and home.  Thus long term we need a Jabber server and a machine
connected to the internet.  We could host it at Solution Grove or physically
locate it at the school. I think learning about the tradeoffs between these
approaches is one of our goals for the pilot.

For this summer if we got collaboration working locally in the Computer Room
we'd have a better experience then the current no collaboration.  We have an
extra computer we can use as an XS. I'll need to buy/scavange another
network card.

Does that help?

Thanks,
Caroline

> Can you confirm the target implementation for GPA is SoAS computers
> collaborating with each other via Jabber?
>
> There are so many sub-components to this section of SW that we will
> need your help to focus on the right area.
>
> Will the Jabber server be in the school or over a WAN to a public
> (internet IP addressable) place?
>
> I'll try to document your answers on the Wiki.
>
> HTHs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg S
>
> ***********************
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> good to hear from you again.
>
> That bug report is just a backtrace. No info on whether the Sugar
> client was actually using the Jabber server (via Gabble) or not. Or
> what action was taken, what results seen, or versions of things.
>
> Pretty hard to tell what's going on. Are you in touch with Caroline?
> Can you get her to flesh out the bug?
>
> It would also be interesting to get the logs from ejabberd on the server.
>
> cheers,
>

> martin

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove