[Sugar-devel] [Marketing] [SoaS] The next Step: v2 Roadmap

Greg Smith gregsmithpm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:01:03 EDT 2009

Hi Sebastian, Fred, and Caroline,

This looks like a very useful thread on the Sugar Roadmap and I like the
focus on "Customer" requirements.

How do we get the GPA Sugar goals Caroline enunciated on to the main
Roadmap?

I added a link on the GPA page to the Fred's Sugar on a Stick Goals page.
Hopefully we can find a place to collect a "Backlog", as they say in Agile.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Gardner_Pilot_Academy#Sugar_Feature_Requests

It would be great to flesh out each GPA item with use cases and work flows,
then software design proposals and eventually links to source code. The
features should also be parsed down to smaller tasks ala Agile.

FYI, Last year, S Page built and I populated a Semantic Wiki Roadmap
Collection and Prioritization tool for the XO.  See:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap

I'm not sure if the Semantic Wiki format can be moved to the Sugar wiki or
if there is interest in tracking the Sugar roadmap that carefully. The
Semantic format was a huge time saver once it was implemented.

IMHO its critical to minimize the coordination overhead and maximize the
coding time. That said, discussion of what is important and why goes a long
way to making better releases.

I'll try to chip in by picking up items Caroline marks Priority A, adding
details to them, tracking them on the roadmap and looking for programmers to
come up with options for implementation.

Thanks,

Greg S