[Sugar-devel] Journal feature request--more data in main display

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Mon Jul 6 04:51:59 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 04:55:57PM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:

> Just to confirm; I take it that Xapians prefix maps haven't been used
> so far in the Journal index implementation (i.e. title:Paint,
> if that's quicker (not sure where to look to check this).
You're right on spot. The only prefixes used (but not defined for the
query) are:

_PREFIX_UID = 'Q'
_PREFIX_ACTIVITY = 'A'
_PREFIX_ACTIVITY_ID = 'I'
_PREFIX_MIME_TYPE = 'M'
_PREFIX_KEEP = 'K'

I.e. to search for all documents of type text/plain you can use the
query string "Mtext/plain", but not "mime_type:text/plain".

See [1].

I'd like to expose a better IR search facility in the future, but not
within 0.86 timeframe (there are several open, hard problems).

[1]
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-datastore/repos/mainline/blobs/master/src/carquinyol/indexstore.py

CU Sascha

--