[Sugar-devel] Gecko for Win32, pyjamas-desktop, python-hulahop

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 08:43:23 EDT 2009

I'm afraid you misread my proposal. I'm making a SSB for sugar, akin
to Fluid (http://fluidapp.com) and Mozilla Prism. This would allow web
applications to work nicely in Sugar as separate activities
(applications). Stuff like userstyles, userscripts,
bookmarklets-as-buttons and javascript-dbus can greatly enhance the
Sugar integration, making web apps seem even more like native
activities. In fact I should stop using 'would', because creating SSBs
works! Userstyles and userscripts will come soon.

In general, people are trying to get web stuff to work nicely in Sugar
(see http://blog.tomeuvizoso.net/2009/05/progress-on-sugar-activities-with-swf.html
and http://karmaproject.wordpress.com/), not the other way around.
Mostly because loads more people know flash/html+js than Python.

Of course, efforts going the other way are more than welcome, but they
have less impact in the short term.