[Sugar-devel] Journal feature request--more data in main display

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 05:01:25 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Gary C Martin<gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> Aleksey was keen to see any Journal mock-up work in progress I had,
> early as possible, so here's where I'm at :-) There's plenty to do
> still, images are intended to help bounce ideas about, poke at the
> grey matter between our ears, and get a feel for how things could (or
> not) be done:
>
>        http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals/Journal#Tollbar_and_palettes

Very cool. I do agree the filter is very culture-dependent.

On a similar vein, the 'tag' icon has no visual association with the
many tags on screen. If they had a similar shape, then it'd be easy to
connect, for users who don't recognise a "tag" and the (somewhat odd)
use of "tag" to mean "a bit of metadata on a digital resource".

Wishlist: "show files by size" filter or option? If the Uruguay
experience is any indicator, a fact of life is that users after all
*will* hit:

 - problems with fitting files (large and small) in USB disks

 - problems with their Journal taking too much space

 - problems with installed Activities taking too much disk space

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions