[Sugar-devel] Trimming down ling wiki names

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 2 13:12:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Frederick Grose<fgrose at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Fred,
>>
>> it might makes sense to trim down our long wiki names. As we heavily use
>> categories now - this might not be an issue. How about we do:
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Roadmap/0.84 ->
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.84/Roadmap
>>
>> and
>>

>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Releases/Sucrose/0.84
>> -> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.84/Notes
>>
>> same for 0.82 and 0.86.
>>
>> What do you think? Can you do this without breaking current links?
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Simon
>
> That should be possible and fits with the idea that DFarning reported of
> broadening the involvement in the platform development.
>
> I'll start with 0.82, http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.82, and leave wiki
> redirects to catch those linking from off-site links in blogs and other
> references.

Yes, this transition make sense now.  The original idea behind the
strict hierarchy was to introduce 'wiki discipline'

Unmaintained wikis tend to sprawl into messes because some authors
create pages without looking to see if other similar pages already
exist.  Once the sprawl starts, it quickly gets out of hand.

Now that Fred is tending the wiki and the basic disciple is
established, it makes sense to relax the rules a bit.

Call for help - - If any new participants are interested in learning
more about Sugar and Sugar Labs, a few hours helping Fred tend the
wiki would be a great place to get involved:)

david

>          --Fred

David Farning
Sugar Labs