[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugarcamp - November 7th-12th 2009 ?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jul 2 05:51:32 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 17:38, David Farning<dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> On 07/01/2009 12:49 AM, David Farning wrote:

>>> I'll help. But based on LinuxTag you seem to have event organization
>>> pretty much figured out.
>>>
>>> david
>>
>> The Sugarcamp will be a different event than Linuxtag. Linuxtag was a show
>> where you have to setup gear and get promotion material together, the camp
>> is more planning what you want to discuss during those days.
>
> Having participated in SugarCamp Paris and some FudCons.  How do you
> feel about the participant led format of the event?

As long as we depend on individuals doing their work in an autonomous
way, that's the best format IMO.

The day we see it's not practical any more because we are too many
people, I would like to see our community gathering in smaller, more
local events instead of moving to big events in a very hierarchical
way.

Regards,

Tomeu