[Sugar-devel] Show Must Go On - SoaS for the XO-1

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 19:19:09 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Sebastian Dziallas<sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> I'm very pleased to announce the first early preview of a new generation
> of SoaS XO-1 images.
Sir, could you upload the .iso for this image somewhere, maybe in a
subdirectory of http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/xoimages/ ?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Martin
Langhoff<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, a tool that's most of this smartly, it's called jigdo,

http://atterer.net/jigdo/ is indeed cool.  It's presented as a tool
for delivering and updating pieces of a single big file and all
examples are a .iso big file.  So long as it can also/instead use the
same pieces to create a different kind of big file such as a bootable
Live USB, or a writable SD partition, or XO-1 NAND contents, then it
is indeed a great solution.  Do the developers who work on Live USB
Creator know about jigdo?

Cheers,
--
=S Page