[Sugar-devel] [API proposal] toolbox.get_toolbars()

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jul 1 05:11:30 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:55, Lucian Branescu<lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> While adding the bookmarklet functionality to Browse, I realised that
> the toolbox API is hard to work with if your toolbars change. For
> example, set_current_toolbar() takes the index of the toolbar as a
> parameter, something which you can't really know if your toolbars move
> around.
>
> Tomeu suggested I propose to extend the toolbox API with a
> get_toolbars() method. This method returns a list of the actual
> Toolbar objects, in the order they currently have in the gtk.Notebook.
> This method allows for things like if toolbar in
> toolbox.get_toolbars() or toolbar_index =
> toolbox.get_toolbars().index(toolbar), giving a lot more flexibility
> in manipulating toolbars.
> It could also kill off the ugly _TOOLBAR_FOO globals in Browse.
>
> I've made toolbox.toolbars a property for get_toolbars().
>
> I have attached a patch to toolbox.py, in the sugar.graphics package.

Could you please follow
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/CodeReview#Patch_guidelines
?

I would also like to hear from the activity team (Gary?) if they have
any objection to this API addition (I would like to see sugar-toolkit
changes being driven by them at some point in the future).

Thanks!

Tomeu