[Sugar-devel] programming on thin ice

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Thu Jan 29 22:01:25 EST 2009

> What I am concerned about is making the system vulnerable by letting
> arbitrary functions to execute within TA. I can imagine that Rainbow
> would be of some protection here, but are there other things I can do
> to restrict, say to the math module, the functions available.

Would TA make the system more vulnerable that it already is with Pippy, Develop and Terminal?

If not then I don't see a problem. I would like learners have access to more functions than in the math module.

The idea of empowering learners has risks, that's why the XO is easily re-flashed. The only thing that worries me is a virus spreading through the mesh network, but I suspect that whatver the risk is, its already there.

Tony