[Sugar-devel] A small request.

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Jan 31 19:47:34 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:26 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Can someone tell me what it is we are discussing?
>
> We need to integrate some kind of activity updating solution in
> Glucose. There is disagreement on when (0.84 or next release cycle)
> and what (your updater, something based on it, a complete rewrite).

OK, thanks.  The existing updater works fine in Debian; I don't know
if it was ever pushed into koji, but it is certainly compatible with
Fedora.  If anyone wants to develop a new updater, I can probably
offer some advice.  Using an explicit update_url field in the activity
is recommended for activities packaged with the current updater; the
OLPC wiki default was only ever intended to be a bridge for legacy
apps, not a recommended practice.  I prefer email for initial
discussions of updater ideas: 9am isn't a great meeting time for me.

http://cananian.livejournal.com/48460.html also has some thoughts on updaters.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )