[Sugar-devel] SoaS at FOSDEM

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Jan 31 12:45:47 EST 2009

Simon Schampijer schrieb:
> David Van Assche wrote:
>> What's wrong with offering kde, sugar, or gnome from the login manager
>> (whatever that might be... that could be made as simple or complicated
>> as one wanted.) Kde has an amazingly powerful group of edu apps, as
>> does gnome, as does Sugar... all for different age groups... so it
>> might make sense to make something all encompassing that is useful for
>> all educational groups...
>>
>> David
>
> If that is the desire from whoever is using those Sticks - off he goes.
> Caroline wants to offer GNOME as well - great. Those images are easily
> customizable - so as marco said there could be different versions.

I just created a very first draft of a slimmed-down version including
Gnome and Sugar on the same spin. Though, I didn't get to testing it
yet. You can just have a look at the GIT repo here: [1]

The soas-*.ks files are the ones which should also work on other
hardware than the XO.

--Sebastian

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/fedora-xo;a=tree