[Sugar-devel] SoaS at FOSDEM

Marco Pesenti Gritti marcopg at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jan 31 10:45:06 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Ok, did not think about yum update.
>
> Did not know GNOME was a requirement, wonder if this is a benefit to have
> though. I mean it is Sugar on a stick in the end. If it helps to make mac
> users get to know gnome or sugar i guess that is ok.

Caroline wants to get Soas to high school students so that they can
play with and help us out with testing etc. At the same time they
would like to be able to run normal linux applications like the gimp.
That was more or less the rationale, but I'm ccing Caroline which can
explain better. (Another way to cover that use case could be to have
them yum install GNOME or build customized images with it).

Marco