[Sugar-devel] SoaS at FOSDEM

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Jan 31 09:26:36 EST 2009

David Van Assche wrote:
> Can't we split it into 2 parts, the regular startup and desktop bits
> (as created in teh oses) and then the downloadable bit which hooks in
> and does the sugar stuff.... Then people could use their distro to
> create the usb pen drive, and download the (200mb or 300mb) bit for
> sugar and its activities...
>
> I'd also suggest putting wubi on it so it can be run on windows... (cringe)

It might also be worth considering Luke Macken's liveusb-creator for
Fedora: https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/

The thing about it is that it runs under Windows, as well as under Linux
and already supports downloading iso images. I added support for the
Fedora Sugar Spin (you just need to plug in an USB key and it downloads
the stuff for you and puts it on the key) but probably we could work
something out or even replace it with another image...

Just some thoughts, though.
--Sebastian