[Sugar-devel] Missing Keyboard input on fresh Jhbuild

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 23:13:55 EST 2009

Hi there, I'm new to the list.  I received my G1G1 hardware on Jan 6th
after ordering Dec 30th and have been exploring the capabilities since
then.  My next step is setting up my desktop for development.

I checked the last couple months of archives and saw a few Jhbuild
related items but nothing that seemed to address the problem I am
having.  Today I followed the instructions at DevelopmentTeam/Jhbuild
to download and compile sugar on an updated Ubuntu 8.10 machine.
After addressing all dependencies it seemed to compile just fine.

When I run it now using './sugar-jhbuild run' I have mouse input but
keyboard input is ignored even after the ctrl-shift capturing command.
 Since the terminal output is lengthy and repetitive I pasted it all
at http://pastebin.be/16352 where it will be available for a week.  I
don't see any immediately instructive errors but I may be missing
something.  I pasted a few sample lines below.  Any suggestions on
what to try next?

Thanks,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow at gmail.com>

expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_1: line 8 of xfree86

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
>                   Using last definition for duplicate fields

(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed
unrecognised device identifier!