[Sugar-devel] Image Quiz Activity

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Jan 28 10:24:16 EST 2009

Wade,

I am working on additions to Image Quiz to add the features mentioned
here. The primary goal is to provide a picture recognition capability
for learning vocabulary (the user is presented with four pictures and
hears an audio prompt, then clicks on the correct picture). The
capability to present flashcards (text, image, or audio prompt, text
response) is also included. One of the other goals was to provide a way
for the user to create his own questions. Collections of questions
(called categories in Image Quiz) may be downloaded from the
schoolserver. They are stored locally in an Sqllite database (images and
sounds in the 'data' folder).

Progress is slow because of other commitments. However, I should have a
reasonable first release ready by the time I leave for Nepal (Feb. 22).

Tony

One of the most common activity requests is a general purpose collaborative
Quiz activity.  The ActivityTeam will try to meet this need in the near
future, for now I'm adding it to our TODO list.

        Main subject matter requested as simple activities with lesson plans