[Sugar-devel] Naming of "sugar", the Sugar Shell

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:08:11 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:00, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Luke Faraone wrote:
>> In order to reduce confusion, we should, IMHO, change the name of the
>> "sugar" package to either "jarabe" (which would be sugar-jarabe in most
>> distros) or "sugar-shell" (which, oddly enough, is also a meaningful
>> phrase <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sugar+shell>).
>
> I made the same proposal on the marketing list.

Just want to mention, as far as packaging names go, the debian binary
package names for the following components are:
* sugar-base: python-sugar
* sugar-toolkit: python-sugar-toolkit
* sugar-datastore: python-olpc-datastore (which should be renamed
python-sugar-datastore)

I vote for sugar-shell as the component name, because the distros
should be able to keep that name, and it's more obvious what the
component does.

Regards
Morgan