[Sugar-devel] squeak in debian

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jan 27 09:51:20 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 02:48:20AM +1800, David Farning wrote:
>>Is it squeak and etoys that we are missing from debian?
>>
>>They now seem to be available in lenny.
>>
>>http://packages.debian.org/lenny/etoys
>>http://packages.debian.org/lenny/squeak-vm
>
>  From a Sugar point of view those are "libraries" (so is not even listed
> as part of "Sucrose").
>
> The actual sugarized wrapper for Etoys is not yet packaged.
>
> Another library which is not yet packaged for Debian is libabiword.
>
>  From a Debian point of view, the following packaged are missing:

What areas would you like outside help on?

> libabiword-dev

I have talked with with the debain build team.  They agreed to build
abiword as a lib... for the next release.  Luke followed up with
issues report on debian bug tracker.  What next?

> sugar-etoys-activity

Should I continue pushing for inclusion of etoys into main?  In
theory, all of the issues are resolved.  Should I wait until after the
release to bring up the issue?

> sugar-write-activity

??

> sugar-terminal-activity

??

> sugar-log-activity

??

Things are not yet perfect. But, we are in a _much_ better position
then we were this time last release!

david