[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.83.4 Development Release

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 21:28:24 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> You got distracted with shiny stuff!

Rickrolled indeed :-)

>> Is it possible for you to add a single file that says the "journal
>> storage" version at the root of it? Something like
>>
>>   $ cat .sugar/default/datastore/store/format
>>   2
>
> We actually had it already, have updated the wiki page with info about it.
>
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/DatastoreRewrite

Excellent news. Looks good (as described in the wikipage), so the
older datastores, having no 'version' file, are a nominal '0'.

> Sounds good, I guess you can do the reorg with hard links in the same
> script where we had the metadata exported to json.

Exactly - guess what the client would have done, build an appropriate
hardlink tree, and then let rsync add/remove as appropriate. Avoids
transferring the actual data files which may be large.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions