[Sugar-devel] SoaS on the XO progress

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Jan 23 12:42:18 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> * rpm does not work. It complains about mmap failure when reading the
> db, jffs2 related?

As far as I know, jffs2 doesn't support writable mmaps.  In the debian
ports, we add some special magic to tell apt not to use them (
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Installing_Debian_as_an_upgrade ); and the
following code from pilgrim appears to do something similar:
  	    echo "  - Configuring RPM to not use writable mmap (as jffs2
don't support it)"
	    mkdir -p $INSTALL_ROOT/etc/rpm
	    cat <<EOF > $INSTALL_ROOT/etc/rpm/macros.rpmdb
%__dbi_cdb create private nommap
EOF

It's probably worth reading through the pilgrim
'streams.d/olpc-development.stream' file to see if there are other
fixes you are missing.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )