[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [ANNOUNCE] Sucrose 0.83.4 Development Release

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Jan 22 03:54:36 EST 2009

Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Walter Bender wrote:
>> Wow!!
>
> We have great release notes lately.
>
> To credit authors, I'd also append the patch summary by author,
> Linus-style.  It can quickly be obtained this way:
>
>   git log v0.83.3..HEAD | git-shortlog

Excellent, will do that for the next release. So the command for sugar
for this release would be (no-merges to get rid of the messages when you
merge the master tree "Merge branch 'master' of
gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:sugar/mainline"):

git log v0.83.4..v0.83.5 --no-merges | git-shortlog

That will encourage people to write nice commit messages :) I would
suggest to put up some guidelines (no rules), so a reader can more
easily parse them. For example:

- ticket number always at the beginning of the commit message
- Start message with a capital letter
- For typo fixes use: _Typo
- For pylint fixes use: _Pylint

More thoughts?