[Sugar-devel] SoaS on the XO progress

Marco Pesenti Gritti marcopg at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jan 21 11:36:04 EST 2009

>   > 1 haldaemon fails to start and I couldn't find any error log.
>
> Maybe running it directly, rather than via init, will expose the
> problem?

When running it directly it was sitting for a while and then exiting
without any error (even in verbose mode). I should strace it.

> It looks like you're making F10 spins, then?  I wonder what happens if
> you try a Rawhide spin instead.  Could you share your instructions and
> code?  I'd like to give this technique a try for our F11 rebase.

I did it in a very manual/hacky way yesterday. Working right now on
doing it more cleanly, scripting a little and documenting, will post
something later tonight.

> (At which point the difference between OLPC's image and SoaS will be
> very small.  Maybe there'll be no difference at all, even.  ;-)

Right, that's where I want to get :)

Marco