[Sugar-devel] jhbuild obsoleted itself:)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 20:15:53 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:15 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> I have just gone through the wiki and deleted the
> developmentteam/jhbuild/* pages:)
>
> These pages were created in around June of 2008 when jhbuild was the
> only method for running Sugar on non-XO platforms.  Now that we have
> packages for several distributions and will be using the distributions
> as our primary means of delivery,

But we cannot do that today. The Activity packages that exist have
serious bugs, and most .xo bundles simply will not run on these other
platforms in the packaged Sugar environments. Please put those pages
back.

I don't mind you asking us whether we need these pages, but I object
to you deleting them without asking first.

> it makes sense to reduce the
> emphasis of jhbuild as a method for delivering Sugar to end-users.
>
> Don't worry, developmentteam/jhbuild is alive and well for 'developer' use.

Not really. We need as much information as possible about how jhbuild
has been put on Ubuntu and other distros, in order to support building
it on yet more distros.

> thanks
> david

And Children are my nation.