[Sugar-devel] Gdium.Com is launching the One Laptop Per Hacker program.

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jan 18 05:20:04 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 02:35,  <simon at mungewell.org> wrote:
> Donating laptops to worthy developer/developer projects. Might be of
> interest to the OLPC/Sugar crowd.
> http://www.gdium.com/group/58/home
>
> Machine has resonable specs:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gdium

Yeah, I expect many cheap machines to appear during 2009 with MIPS and
ARM based processors. Mandriva is already running on the first models
that appeared (including Gdium and Mobilis).

Bernie ported Sugar to the Beagleboard, which has hardware similar to
the Mobilis (OMAPx by TI) and Aleksey is already working on putting
Sugar in the next release of Mandriva.

So I trust Sugar is going to be very well supported on that category
of machines ;)

Regards,

Tomeu