[Sugar-devel] jhbuild obsoleted itself:)

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Jan 15 12:37:39 EST 2009

> I have just gone through the wiki and deleted the
> developmentteam/jhbuild/* pages:)
>
> These pages were created in around June of 2008 when jhbuild was the
> only method for running Sugar on non-XO platforms.  Now that we have
> packages for several distributions and will be using the distributions
> as our primary means of delivery, it makes sense to reduce the
> emphasis of jhbuild as a method for delivering Sugar to end-users.

I am not currently a git user because git appears to not support a
proxy (and to try to bypass that proxy I would need rewiring the
place).  But jhbuild looks like the principal alternative to my
having to wait for someone to supply me with a binary for my XO.

I am concerned that 1cc is now focusing on Windows (for instance,
see what kind of tickets have recently been posted to laptop.org
trac).  Should binaries (with updated Sugar content) for the XO-1
platform cease to be available, would the jhbuild environment you
envision be able to create a build for the XO-1 platform ?

mikus