[Sugar-devel] .rpms vs .xos for Activity packaging

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Jan 13 07:38:19 EST 2009

Hi all,

Maybe its only my peculiar desire (to talk about packaging issues:), but...

Since I'm trying support sugar in Gentoo/ALILinux/Mandriva,
I don't know how to treat honey activities:

- package them all
  and do not rely on w.l.o/addons.s.o
- let user download them from w.l.o/addons.s.o
  - what about installing proper deps
  - prevent installing unsupported (for current platform) activities
  - blobs in activities, what should I do with pre-built 32b .so
    on x86_64 (and future ARM/MIPS) platform

In regard to that issue I've created wiki page to formalize
all possible solutions, please take a look at that and feel free
to add your own comments/pro/contras/schemas:

http://sugarlabs.org/go/ActivityTeam/PackagingIdeas

--
Aleksey