[Sugar-devel] [sugar] Measure Activity inclusion in Fructose

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 08:04:12 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Arjun Sarwal <arjun at laptop.org> wrote:
> I revisited this discussion with Simon on IRC some time back.
>
> There are 2 things before this Activity would be considered prime for inclusion
>
> 1) Making the Alsamixer code independent of the special Alsamixer
> controls in the XO. i.e ACtivity should atleast start up and perform
> the sound functions when there is no sensor or it is not running on an
> XO

This is easy enough--just catch the exception when trying to access
those alsamixer controls.

> 2) Developing an alternate sensor connecting mechanism (perhaps USB
> based) for non - XOs  Joel has a sensor board that could probably be
> useful.

Wouldn't this just introduce a dependency on a different piece of
hardware? I wonder if there isn't some more general way of abstracting
the problem. A data pipe that can be configured some how. (We had
talked at one point about capturing any sensor data available--e.g.,
the signal from the radio on the wifi card or the keyboard or any
available USB or serial port, et al.

-walter

--
Walter Bender