[Sugar-devel] Help me developing for Sugar

master puppetz decfiv at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 06:44:01 EST 2009

Hi,

My name is Lazim and I'm a student from Malaysia. I am new in open source especially in Sugar development. Regard to my proposal at projectdb, I'd like to develop an e-mail client called SugarMail.

I'm not sure whether SugarMail is possible to be developed or not, but my proposal is to make SugarMail to be an e-mail client that don't required mail server for sending e-mail among XO users. It sound ridiculous, but it's not imposible.

The problem is I don't have enough knowledge about developing a software for Sugar and currently I still don't receive my requested XO laptop for me to figure out. I've run the Sugar through emulation under the qemu but my laptop condition not very good at running 2 operating system simultaneously.

I would like to ask for anyone that would help me be my mentor on developing this SugarMail. I also appreciate if anybody have any suggestion on how to develop the SugarMail under Windows environment as I'm using Windows XP on my laptop right now.

Lazim,

SugarMail, http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/SugarMail
OLPC Malaysia, http://olpcmalaysia.blogspot.com
Lazim, http://www.mohdlazim.com