[Sugar-devel] idea for Sugar slogan and name

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sat Jan 10 14:13:48 EST 2009

I came up w/ an idea that would help us market Sugar to the general
public. We need a slogan expresses what Sugar allows kids to do, its
purpose, and puts a positive image in the minds of most people.

Here is my slogan suggestion:

"Sugarland: Where Kids Learn and Play"

Adding "Land" expresses that Sugarland, e.g. Sugar, is a whole
environment where kids learn, play, express themselves, create, etc.
Words like "platform", "engine", "environment" sound like tools for
adults and don't indicate that this is a tool for children.

I also like "Playground: Where Kids Learn and Play" Playground expresses
a safe place for kids to play but doesn't necessarily convey "learning"
to a lot of people.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director