[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2009 is a go!

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Thu Jan 8 17:26:43 EST 2009

Yes, but in 2007 "they" were "us", no?

Thanks, this is helpful information (I didn't know the status of
OLPC's previous GSoC work).  I don't see why there is any reason to
presume that OLPC would NOT be interested in 2009 GSoC, but I don't
know of any active ideas/proposals kicking around here.  I would
strongly encourage Sugar Labs ideas, however - to Ben's point, there
should be no confusion.  The only things I could imagine (and it's
just imagining) coming from OLPC would be ancillary ideas (school
server add-ons?) that would be quite distinct from XO/Sugar software.
Go for it!

	- Ed