[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2009 is a go!

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Jan 8 15:52:06 EST 2009

It is not necessarily the case, and in fact I'd be surprised if it were
- SJ's been doing GSoC for OLPC for the past few years afaik, and I
don't see any reason for that not to continue this year, but this is
100% speculation. Ccing SJ so he can confirm one way or the other if he
has a breather.

What I do know is that Sugar Labs *will* be applying for GSoC; the SL
projects may be useful/applicable to OLPC, but won't be specifically
targeted towards OLPC - rather, the work will be targeted towards Sugar
as a learning platform in general.

Thanks for bringing this up! I'll make sure to mention that in the note
to Leslie (will Cc this list).

-Mel